Friday, April 11, 2008

A Heyyy from the Past!

I find it amusing and sad at the same time, when old friends decide to forget you and suddenly out of the blue when they feel an emotional need or upheaval they are forced to reconnect to the energy that a joint friendship creates. It is a question that has created it's own world of disturbia in my mind. Why do people do it? Build relationships and then forget what ethics are supposed to rotate around them so as to keep them going. We are weak as friends, lovers, parents, children, family, siblings, coworkers, citizens and simply put, as human beings.

It remains a paradoxical diaspora to me. I cannot fathom where the pure truth in any relationship, has filtered away to leaving behind a distorted view of what could have been. So when someone from my past calls out to me, I do not know what to say. I wish they were a part of my future, but somewhere when I was waiting for them, they decided to turn their faces away from mine. And now when I have learned to live without them, why should I be forced to look back?

But then again, I am lecturing on ethics. Love, friendship and humanity carry tremendous responsibility as the beacons in which we weigh our relationships. Therefore when voices from the past are carried forth on the winds of the present, even I have to look back, because at the end of the day ethics and God make me do it. I have no one to answer to except my conscience and I never want to lie down in my grave with a one that is so heavy it sinks me to hell below. Forgiveness is hard to part with, but in the end I suppose, it marks the beginning of a new kind of humanity in oneself. So hey back to you old friend, wherever you are and thank you for thinking of me, for whatever reason you did and I hope I never slam a door in your face, the way you shut it on mine. I hope I never do.

Ciao.

No comments: