Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back home....and what else is new?

Just landed back home. Yesterday I had one of the most hectic days. A bus ride alone early morning to Islamabad since my colleague had to stay back in Lahore for work. But it was interesting getting on a three am bus and landing at Isloo at nine. And worked like a dog the whole day. Couldn't get to Bhourbon, it seems spooked to me..lol! But I got an interesting view all the same for lunch time. The group of working people I was spending the day with, decided to lunch up at Pir Sohawa, where I had not been in a few years. Though I had been upto Daminikoh, quite a few times in 2006, Sohawa I had somehow missed out. And well this time lunch allowed me to do so.

Amazing is all I can say. Apart from the way the district government in the capital has developed that whole mountainside, the restaurant and adjoining areas at Monal were breathtaking, giving a glorious picturesque view of Islamabad. While the ten people I was with kept chattering away I sneaked out alone four times during lunch on the pretext of a phone call, just to steal some quite windy moments and to absorb the view which I have been missing for two years. Mountains can make me weep, I love them so much. And well maybe because I prefer to be more silent than noisy now, I enjoy their majestic poetry moreso. God indeed must be beautiful to manifest Himself in this terrestia.

As this month of self exploration and quietude ends on the 23rd of this month, and I enter my thirty third year, I can only thank the Almighty once again, for teaching me LIFE the way it is meant to be lived. For others more than yourself, for love more than hate, for kindness more than cruelty and simply to worship the beatific surroundings that mankind is truly blessed to have been given. Indeed I wish happy birthday to myself this Wednesday, because I am happy to have been born simply because I believe God must have wished it.

Ciao.

No comments: